- The YMCA plans to build a new fitness center in Wayne County in Indiana after a county-wide survey showed that 5 percent of residents were interested in becoming members of a new YMCA. The national average in similar surveys is 4 percent. A planning committee has been formed to select the site, prepare the design and project the facility’s operating costs. The facility is scheduled to open in 2010.
- Sport & Health selected Spectrum NG by CSI Software as its new management software system. Sport & Health operates 26 large, multipurpose facilities in the Washington, DC area.
- G2i Inc., the agent for Taraflex Sports Flooring by Gerflor, created a one-credit learning course for members of The American Institute of Architects (AIA). G2i has been a registered provider of the AIA Continuing Education System (CES) since 2003. Through CES, architects and architectural firms can accumulate the required course credits needed to meet state licensing and/or AIA education membership requirements.
- Fitness Industry Experts Inc., a new sales and marketing company launched by Sean Harrington and Rich Hanson, will present a strategic “Maximizing Sales and Marketing ROI” seminar for exhibitors at the 2006 Club Industry Convention, October 4-7 in Chicago.
- Greenwood Athletic Club and Tennis Center in Greenwood Village, CO, has completed a six-month expansion and renovation of its 32,000 square-foot outdoor aquatic facility and will hold a grand opening celebration on July 22. The aquatic facility features three new outdoor pools, including the only year-round, 25 meter, six-lane lap pool with heated deck in the Denver area, a youth pool with slide and spray features and an adult leisure pool with waterfall.