This press release was provided by Wold Gym International. The Club Industry editorial staff was not involved in the creation of this content.
Over 250 attendees from around the globe attended World Gym International’s 2013 Annual Franchise Convention this week at the Mirage Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, NV. Franchisees, Key Vendor Partners and the Company’s Owners and Senior Management Team came together to celebrate their shared passion for the fitness industry during a three day event which included a Vendor Trade Show, a Keynote Address by Kyle Maynard and a series of activity-filled meetings, seminars and other events.
“It is such a pleasure to see so many of our Franchisees from around the world attend this year’s Convention,” said Guy Cammilleri, Managing Director of World Gym International. “Our attendance numbers were up significantly over last year and our Key Vendor Partners provided the financial and other support that makes an outstanding event like our Convention possible. It’s a fantastic reminder that the World Gym family is continuing to grow and prosper.”
During the Awards Ceremony on Tuesday evening, World Gym International recognized 13 of its top Franchisee performers for achievements in various categories. Among the most notable were:
* Best International Gym – World Gym Irkutsk, Russia
* Best New Gym – World Gym Banqiao, Taiwan
* Best U.S. Gym – World Gym Lewisville, TX
* Franchisee of the Year – John Caraccio & Michael Sanciprian of World Gym Taiwan
* World Gym Visionary – Mark Messina, a multiple unit Franchisee in New York, Florida and Texas.
Also honored during the convention was the legendary TV/film actor and bodybuilding icon Lou Ferrigno, who was presented with the 2013 Joe Gold Lifetime Achievement Award. Notable luminaries from the bodybuilding world who paid tribute to Mr. Ferrigno included Ric Drasin (actor, author, and retired professional wrestler), Eddie Giuliani (bodybuilding legend), John Heart (2013
INBF Mr. America), Lenda Murray (Eight-time Ms. Olympia winner) and Mike Uretz (Co-founder and former CEO of World Gym International).
Other notable award recipients included:
* Glenda McElduff, a World Gym Member from Penrith, Australia, who was selected as the Most Inspirational Member for 2013. This Award is presented annually to the World Gym Member who personifies the health and fitness lifestyle promoted by World Gym and has achieved remarkable life changes as a result of being a World Gym Member.
* Twin Oaks, the Connecticut based gym software company, was named Vendor of the Year in recognition of the superior products and services they provide to World Gym’s Franchisees.
Images and a full list of the honorees will be provided upon request. For more information on World Gym International, please visit www.worldgym.com.
About World Gym International
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of “Muscle Beach” in Venice, CA when serious fitness collided with the world of Hollywood celebrities. Since then, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of fitness lovers around the globe. Focused on the mantra “Seriously Fun Fitness”, World Gym is dedicated to creating the ultimate workout destinations across the globe. With its headquarters located in sunny southern California, World Gym currently has over 180 franchised locations in 14 countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic, Guatemala, India, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan and the United States. To learn more about World Gym and franchise opportunities with this storied brand, please visit www.worldgym.com.