Many members use tracking apps where they have to manually enter the data from each workout. This is a simple solution, but one that’s limited.
CONTENT SPONSORED BY: ASF Payment Solutions.
With most health clubs, treadmills, bikes and ellipticals have been the standard forms of cardio equipment for gym members. In fact, 69 percent of all members using one of these machines, so it’s an important part of most people’s workout. With the ever-increasing technology, members want to be able to measure and track their fitness progress through health club software, but without a proper tool to do this, it’s quickly forgotten.
Many members use tracking apps where they have to manually enter the data from each workout. This is a simple solution, but one that’s limited. The reality is that most members are simply too lazy or forgetful to regularly input their data. This leads to lost workouts and inaccurate data.
As a club owner, you want to make it as easy as possible for your members to track their workouts with some sort of health club software, because we know that tracking is one of the keys to their fitness success. There are two technology tools on the market that can help you do this.
Many major cardio equipment brands offer connected cardio machines that track and store a member’s workout data. This data is stored online and connected with your members’ unique ID number. Members can then access it online or through a mobile app. Connected cardio machines automatically track all of your member’s fitness activity, which saves your members’ time and increases data accuracy. However, there are extra steps involved along with multiple clicks by the member to access their data. In this age of instant tech access and easy usability, this could prove to be a detriment for busy members looking for quick and easy.
Here’s how connected cardio works:
- Member logs into the connected cardio machine using a unique identifier, such as xID. This is a universal sign-in number that members can use to track workout data on connected cardio equipment.
- Member completes workout.
- Data is automatically sent to the member’s xID account to be accessed by their web portal, or mobile app.
Mobile App with xCapture
If you’re not ready to invest in new connected cardio equipment, then an ASF Club Mobile App could be a better solution. Until now, the only way to track data from older cardio machines was to manually record the data after a workout. However, with ASF’s Club Mobile App, members can use a tool called xCapture to snap a picture of the cardio console and easily save their workout data to the app. The data is then interpreted through the photo and the workout is recorded and logged. Members can instantly view their progress by day, week, month and year.
Here’s how xCapture works:
- Member works out on the cardio machine of their choice.
- They select their Club Mobile App xCapture feature and select what machine they used (treadmill, elliptical, bike or stepper).
- Member takes a picture of the workout summary (ie. distance, time, calories).
- Workout data is recorded and synced with member’s account.
There are many ways this workout data can be utilized:
- Members can use it to track progress and get a more holistic view of their daily physical activity.
- Trainers can use it to run more personalized PT sessions with clients.
- Club owners and managers can create challenges based on tracked cardio and offer rewards and prizes to motivate members to meet their fitness goals. This is a great way to increase member engagement, increase club attendance, create referrals and build loyalty.
So, what’s your current set-up and are your members getting their cardio workout needs met in an efficient way?