This press release was provided by Technogym. The Club Industry editorial staff was not involved in the creation of this content.
Technogym, a world leading company supplying products, services and solutions in wellness and fitness, announces that the Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, the biggest hotel in The District of Columbia, is the first in the US to carry the largest selection of Technogym fitness equipment. The partnership showcases Technogym’s versatile array of fitness equipment and technology that enables guests to experience wellness everywhere, everyday.
Technogym’s commitment to ‘Wellness on the GO,’ is realized in its Excite+ cardio equipment featuring UNITY, the most advanced, open Android-based user platform on the market. The platform incorporates seven professional mywellness® cloud apps, fitness facilities, Technogym equipment and guests’ lifestyles, both in and outside the gym.
By creating a mywellness account that integrates with Technogym’s mywellness cloud, guests can log into their accounts on the equipment and personalize their settings – bookmarking specific websites, music playlists and more – as well as instantly access a history of their workouts or tailored training programs based on their needs and preferences.
“The proliferation of mobile devices and today’s always on society has a monumental impact on our industry and presents a tremendous opportunity for us to create innovative solutions to help people achieve wellness,” said Nerio Alessandri, President and Founder of Technogym. “Our Wellness on the GO strategy is about enabling a unique ecosystem where people through a cloud based platform can connect to Technogym equipment, their favorite apps and content, in order to manage their wellness programs everyday, and from everywhere.”
The 8,000 square foot gym at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC includes 49 pieces of cardio, 34 pieces of strength, functional training equipment ranges, stretching equipment, multi-unit pieces, and Group Cycle bikes. Key products include:
- Excite+ - a comprehensive line of web-enabled cardio that offers a variety of different movements, including crosstraining, elliptical, running, stepping and cycling training
- ARKE - offering a complete tool kit for core centric training
- Kinesis Stations - bridging the gap between conventional strength machines and functional training
- Element+ - providing non-intimidating and intuitive strength training experiences
- Pure Strength - new plate loaded equipment that combines standard features of traditional plate loaded equipment with innovations for a superior strength training experience
- FLEXability - making stretching simple, effective, and motivating
- Plurima - a versatile and compact strength training line that is the perfect solution for buildings with limited space
- Group Cycle - representing the true spirit of cycle racing and Italian style
This agreement is part of a global partnership, where Technogym outfits many of Marriott’s other destinations throughout the world.
Founded in 1983, Technogym is the world’s leading international supplier of products, services, and solutions in the Wellness and Fitness industry. Technogym provides a complete range of cardio, strength and movement equipment alongside networking solution and programs. With over 2,200 employees and 14 branches globally, Technogym is present in over 100 countries. More than 65,000 Wellness centers in the world are equipped with Technogym and 35 million users train every day on Technogym. Technogym was the official supplier for the last five editions of the Olympic Games: Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Turin 2006, Beijing 2008, and London 2012. For more information on Technogym, visit www.technogym.com.