At the 2013 Personal Trainer Summit, which was held at the Club Industry Conference and Exposition in Chicago, a panel of experts addresses some of the biggest questions facing the personal training profession, including how to improve the image of personal training so it is seen as a profession, whether the industry needs to be regulated by the government and how to work with the medical community.
- Mark Cassidy, fitness director of Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- June Chewing, education director and owner of Fitness Learning Systems
- Tony Books Avilez, owner of The Body House
- David Herbert, industry legal expert and author
- Barbara Farruggia , human resources director for Fitness Formula Clubs
- Liz Callham, master trainer and speaker for Fitness Formula Clubs
- Mike Leve, fitness director, master trainer and speaker for Fitness Formula Clubs
- Shawna Dosser, president and CEO of BWI Health Promotion Training Institute
- Jon Baraglia, vice president of education at Bally Total Fitness
The Personal Trainer Summit was organized by W.I.T.S.