If you hear a little trash talking at the Club Industry 2010 show this year, it may just be some members of the eight teams who are participating in the Group X Gallery competition.
On Oct. 7-8, these teams will compete to see who has the best group exercise program (in an abbreviated 15-minute format). The competition takes place in the Club Studio on the exhibit hall floor.
Programs will be judged on originality, quality of elements, execution of the instruction, benefit to the member and benefit to the facility. Portions of each program will be videotaped and placed on the Club Industry show and Club Industry magazine websites along with the results of the competition. No licensed programs are allowed. All participants will receive a plaque, and the winning program receives kudos on the Club Industry websites.
Participating clubs and their demonstration times are:
- Fit 2 Cheer – Thursday, Oct. 7, 2:30 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
- Fitness Formula Clubs – Friday, Oct. 8, 11 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
- TeamiFit – Friday, Oct. 8, 1 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
- D3: Dre’s Diesel Dome LLC – Friday, Oct. 8, 1:30 p.m.-1:45 p.m.
- POW! Mixed Martial Arts & Chicago Krav Maga – Friday, Oct. 8, 2 p.m.-2:15 p.m.
- Grand Geneva – Friday, Oct. 8, 2:30 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
- Purdue University Recreational Sports Center – Friday, Oct. 8, 3 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
- New Vybe LLC – Friday, Oct. 8, 3:30 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
If you have a favorite, come out to cheer them on.