Rick Brunson, who played nine seasons in the NBA, was arrested and charged with sexual assault against a Life Time Fitness employee at a Life Time Athletic club in the Chicago suburb of Vernon Hills, IL.

According to a Vernon Hills police report, Brunson grabbed a Life Time employee and was charged with attempted criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse and third-degree aggravated battery, several media outlets reported. Brunson, who was arrested June 25, is due in court on Thursday.

Jason Thunstrom, vice president of corporate communications and public relations for Life Time Fitness, Chanhassen, MN, told the Chicago Tribune the company has launched an internal investigation. From the Tribune:

"The bulk of our attention now is taking the lead from local authorities," said Thunstrom, who declined to elaborate on the allegations. "We are certainly aware of what's been alleged. We are just gathering details as best we can."

Since the allegations were reported last week, new details have surfaced. The Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun-Times both reported Tuesday that the Life Time Fitness employee is a masseuse who had given massages to Brunson but told him to stop requesting her services last August, according to police reports.

Brunson allegedly set up an appointment under the name "Patrick Ewing," a Hall of Fame NBA player, on April 2, the appointment connected to the charges. Life Time Fitness learned of the alleged incident that occurred that day and terminated Brunson's membership on April 9, the Sun-Times reported.

Life Time Fitness had no further comment for Club Industry on Tuesday.

Brunson played with eight teams in the NBA, including the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Clippers, and was an assistant coach with three teams, including the Bulls. He reportedly was set to become an assistant coach at his alma mater, Temple University in Philadelphia. Brunson's son, Jalen, is a sought-after high school basketball recruit and has listed Temple as one of his college choices.

Neither Brunson nor Temple University has commented publicly about the alleged incident.