LOS ANGELES – The Houstonian in Houston, TX; the Park Hyatt at Bellevue in Philadelphia; and the Four Seasons in San Francisco topped the list of the 2006 Best Hotel Gyms in the United States.
Athletic-Minded Traveler, a southern California-based active lifestyle media company that operates a healthy travel site on the Web, released the rankings after research on more than 3,000 hotels and anonymous personal tours. Selection criteria included facility size, equipment quantities, multi-sport options (e.g., lap pool, sport court, etc.) and overall ambiance/atmosphere. To be considered as a hotel gym, the facility must have been located on hotel property or within an adjacent building.
Here’s the complete list:
1. Houstonian (Houston)
2. Park Hyatt at Bellevue (Philadelphia)
3. Four Seasons (San Francisco)
4. Embassy Suites Lakefront (Chicago)
5. Venetian (Las Vegas)
6. Bellevue Club (Bellevue, WA)
7. Inn at Ponte Vedra (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL)
8. Grand Hotel (Minneapolis)
9. JW Marriott (Orlando)
10. Ritz Carlton Boston Common (Boston)
11. Le Parker Meridien (New York)